Thursday, October 30, 2014

Blog Post About Bargaining Homework/My Laptop

Here is the link to the post The Diffeq From Hell, which I wrote a couple of years ago.  I think it will be most beneficial to you to explain why you have this homework on Bargaining in the first place, and what economic insights the homework is supposed to provide.  You might also be amused by the history of the construction of the Arbitrator's rule, which is documented in that post.  Math-wise, this was the most difficult homework for me to make.  It is ironic that you found it much easier than the prior homework on Adverse Selection in Insurance markets, which may have been tougher for you but was far easier for me - from the point of view of the underlying math modeling.

* * * * *

For those who were in class today and watch me go into a panic attack as system 8.1 installed on my laptop while I wasn't paying attention, this just to let you know that when I got home it seemed it had actually installed correctly, unlike my two previous attempts where it crashed the computer and wouldn't allow it to reboot. So all is well on that score.

Here is wishing you an early Happy Halloween.  Good luck with the trick or treating, but don't eat too much candy if you are successful on that end.

No comments:

Post a Comment